Bump Update #8


Bump Update



How far along: 21 weeks, one day  

Due Date:  August 18, 2013

Baby’s Size:  Clearly the bump app remained the same and of course nothing agrees lol.  Apparently Mudbug is somewhere between the size of a banana and a  pomegranate. 








Total weight gain: Once again there is no gain.  I am one pound under my pre-pregnancy weight.  I guess eating healthy isn't hurting me in this area.  

Maternity Clothes:  I have been in pants for a while and am pushing the limits of my pre-pregnancy tops.  I desperately need to find good tops (on sale cause I'm cheap).  I'm debating just picking up some target tops that are non maternity a size up and praying that works seeing as maternity clothing is very limited unless shopping online.  

Sleep:  I have rediscovered a decent nights sleep.  now if only I could bottle this for when the baby comes. 




Best Moment this week:   Picking up the crib bedding for Mudbug.  I also scored two lots of gently used clothing that will basically outfit this kid from birth to 18 months.  There are some gaps but I will happily fill those in with some shopping trips.  

Worst Moment this week:  Getting my hopes lifted and the smashed into smithereens .  Long story short there was a small chance of Hunter not deploying.  However that feel through the very next day.  Everything is going according to the original plan with slight modifications.  Oh well.  That's what I get for placing my hopes on a long shot.  On the flip side this current plan may get us out of here soon rather than later.  I'm all for that. 

Miss anything: A cold cut sandwich that doesn't need to be heated, a runny egg, having energy, a glass of wine, or even a beer for that matter, my house not looking like we having triplets.  Yeah did I mention when you wash 4 over flowing boxes of baby clothes all at once your living room begins to look like the Duggars' laundry room. Or at least what I imagine it to be.  


http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/duggar-home-pictures17.htm
Ok maybe it's exactly like I pictured it to be only with one washer and one dryer.   



Food Cravings/Aversion:  I have been craving salads lots and lots of salads.  I also do just a platter of cut up veggies when I get bored of salads.  you know for variety and all.  Food Aversions....hmmm....  plain water.  it just doesn't sit well with me lately.  I found throwing a splash of Gatorade into it helps a ton.    

Movement:  I think this baby is going to be a soccer player.  I am scared of the more powerful kicks that are to come.  

Gender:  Later this week, after the anatomy scan, we will be sharing with our families the good news.  So next week I can share it with you all.  This is such a hard secret for me to keep!!!!

Belly Picture:  Again this one will have to wait.  I did take some with the intention of posting them here but i wasn't thrilled with the pics as I had to take them using the mirror in the bathroom.  I am tasking Hunter to put the mirror up in our bedroom this week.  no excuses. 

Baby / Parenting Book I am Currently Reading:  I am reading this book.   



My mother in law sent it to me when I mentioned that I wanted to look into breastfeeding.  I will admit that I have skimmed through chunks of this book as it talks a lot about ideas and concepts other than breastfeeding.  Things that I don't necessarily agree are right for me, like co-sleeping.  What is does have to say about breastfeeding is good information, I just wish it cam without all the fluff.  Anyone have any Breastfeeding books they could recommend?  

Looking forward to:  The anatomy scan this week and sharing with family and friends the baby's gender.  

This week’s Baby Task:  I need to organize and put away all the babies clothes.  I am also prepping the cloth diapers that I have.  







Comments

  1. I personally did not read any breastfeeding books when I was pregnant. I did go to a breastfeeding class with Micah when I was pregnant and I think that helped, but I don't personally think that any book or class can really prepare you for it. I had a great lactaction consultant at the hospital after Aubrey was born to help me know how to do it and what to do, how to position Aubrey etc. It was a lot more helpful when I had an actual hungry baby to try things out with. I must have done something right as I ended up nursing Aubrey for almost 21 months! Let me know if you have questions- I'd be happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make an excellent point. Books and classes can only explain things, actually doing them is a whole other ball game.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?