Bump Update #10 - with bump pic Eeek


Bump Update



How far along: 23 Weeks, 2 Days

Due Date:  August 18, 2013

Baby’s Size:  The baby is somewhere between the size of an ear of corn (8.5in, 1.5lbs) and a Grapefruit (10.5in, 12.7lbs)  



Total weight gain:
   Again nothing so far.  I am however getting closer to my pre- pregnancy weight.  This is making me feel better.

Maternity Clothes:  I keep saying this and I just need to suck it up and buy some dang maternity tops!  I keep putting it off but I am starting to look pretty silly.

Sleep:  I have rediscovered sleep.  Most days lately I sleep well.  It's the rough wake ups that seem to be getting me.

Best Moment this week:  Seeing the baby mail come pouring in.  If my growing belly isn't proof enough that there is a little one coming, all of his stuff will certainly do it.

Worst Moment this week:  Not being about to shoot at the range with Hubby and his brother.  According to the doctor I am allowed to go to outdoor ranges (which ours is), I shoot nothing bigger than a .22 (which I typically don't), Someone else loads the weapon for me (hubby agreed to) and that no one around me is shooting anything high caliber.  We got there the range was empty.  I let my hubby and Brother in law shoot for a bit and then right before I was about to shoot some idiot brings out 3 different high caliber rifles.  The man takes 2 shots to which I could feel the shock wave.  needless to say the baby was not happy about that so I went and sat in the car until hubby and my BIL were done.  Oh well Guess I will wait until after the baby is born to go back.

Miss anything:  clothes fitting, cold deli sandwiches, runny eggs, sleeping on my stomach, and mostly being about to workout! Sadly I miss my yoga dvd first thing in the morning.  It helped me ease into waking up.  I picked up a pregnancy yoga dvd set that goes through each trimester but I haven't been allowed to use it yet.  I am hoping that soon I will be able to at least go for walks or do light exercise. 

Food Cravings / Aversion:  I have been craving fresh fruit (mostly oranges) and fresh cut veggies (mostly Cucumbers).  

Movement:  Lots but nothing too powerful yet.

Gender:  The baby is a boy.

Belly Picture:  Hair, makeup and wardrobe must have gotten the wrong address so please excuse my early morning look.  However this is the current belly picture.    In the past two weeks or so I would say that I have gotten significantly bigger in the belly area.  This pic however makes me look bigger than I actually am.  I am sure that it doesn't help to be wearing a shirt where I am pushing the limits of the seams or baggy pajama pants.  oh well no one said being pregnant was glamorous especially not when cleaning the house.

Baby / Parenting Book I am Currently Reading:  I am still slowly reading Bringing up bebe.  Don't let that be a reflection on the book though as it is very very good.

Looking forward to:  My appointment in a couple of days.

This week’s Baby Task:  I am doing nursery crafts this week.  I am making clothing dividers (my top priority) and (maybe we'll see) painting the artwork for the room.  If I feel like getting super ambitious I might even pick up the letters for Mudbugs' name and painting those as well.  I also need to assemble the shelving unit for the closet, make labels for it, purchase children's hangers, and put all the clothing away.  I am sick of of the room looking the closet threw up.  I should also stop buy lots of used kids clothing too but more on that another day.

Comments

  1. Why can't you shoot at an outdoor range? I went to outdoor ranges through both my pregnancies and my babes came out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my doctor it must be an outdoor range. Understandably so because of the ventilation issues some indoor ranges can have. My only problem was the guy shoot a large caliber weapon. I could feel the shockwave from every shot he took. Personally it didn't bother me but the baby started to move around like crazy so I assumed it bothered him. When I moved back to where I could only hear the guy's shots and not feel them the baby settled back down. I figured I'm better off being caution considering I haven't had any major problems this pregnancy. Not that I think anything would have happened cause I don't but just to be on the safe side.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?