Bump Update #5



Bump Update



How far along: 18 Weeks, 1 day

Due Date:  August 18, 2013

Baby’s Size: So the baby is somewhere in between these two. You take your pick. 








Total weight gain:  Don't hate me please.  Still nothing.  I doubt I will make my 2lb weight gain the doctor asked for.  I am eating a ton and it just doesn't seem to stick.  I feel like my body is re-porportioning the weight verses adding weight.  I know this will end one day soon but I am pretty freaked out that I haven't gained anything.  I expected to balloon up form the beginning.    

Maternity Clothes: For pants I am definately in maternity pants.  I just can't deal with the belly belt anymore.  As for tops I am able to still fit into my tee shirts and tank tops.  In fact I am planning on picking up a few more this coming week.  I am also waiting for Old Navy to have a sale on their maternity tank tops.  I am not quite sure how much longer the regular ones will fit me without looking crazy stretched out. 

Sleep:  It is official, I can no longer sleep on my back.  It causes my legs to hurt so I am stuck sleeping on my sides.  My left side mainly.  I really need to use the dang maternity pillow! 



Best Moment this week:  This is a toss up between finally getting a full nights sleep and realizing it has been 8 days since I have last dealt with morning sickness. Fingers crossed I have seen the end of this for some time.    

Worst Moment this week:  Having to re-arrange my schedule so that I can be responsible for the dogs full time to give hubby a break.  Those 5:30/6 am feeding are something I should be getting used to but I am not a morning person at all.  It probably doesn't help that I wake up in a daze, stumble through the house, let them out, feed them and then within 5 minutes of getting out of bed my head is hitting the pillow once again.  I am slowly working my away to staying up after they get fed in the morning.  On the plus side they are super confused and tired out by all of this which means calm content happy puppies throughout the day.  

Miss anything:  Some days I miss a glass of wine and others I don't.  Today is one of those days where I would like a glass of wine, a big bowl of pasta, and a chick flick... Actually I might just do everything except the wine tonight.    




Food Cravings/Aversion:  I have been craving spicy foods.  I can not wait for the Thai restaurant to open up again.  Bring on the red duck curry!  I am having serious aversions to Chips.  Lays flavored chips have not been sitting well with me at all.  So much for the sampler pack we bought.   

Movement: Some days I think I am feeling movement and then other days I am not so sure it is movement.  Lets just say I don't know how I would not be feeling any movement at this point but Honestly I am not positive if what I think it movement is movement.  Ugh So confused.

Gender: Still don't know. The anticipation is slowly killing me.

Bump Picture:  This one is going to have to wait a bit longer.  I still don't feel like I have popped just yet.  In the upcoming weeks thought I am sure this will likely happen.



Current Parenting/pregnancy Book:  I am reading Babywise.  Like every baby book I think its important to take what you like and leave the rest.  There are several good points throughout and then others I could do without.  I am however amazed at the misconception people have about this book.  I brought it up to a friend she started spewing all these incredibly inaccurate points "from the book," as she claimed.  It was obvious that she had never once really read this book.  I honestly don't believe that there is a baby book out there that I would take and use everything in it verbatim.  No parenting style is that clean cut.  I'll be writing a full review this up coming week when I finish it.   

Looking forward to:  Finding out the gender.  The 22nd can't come soon enough!  

This week’s Baby Task(s): Gather all the children's books for Hunter to read on camera.  Speaking of on camera, I need to find the camera and tripod for him as well.  I am also looking for a lamp, 2 magazine holders (for kids books) and I want to pick up 2 unpainted crates from Joann's to use for storage.  The room is small and my options are limited.  I am even thinking of taking the closet door off the hinges and putting up a curtain in its place just so that I don't have to worry about the door getting in the way of the glider.  There really is no good layout in this room.  hmmm... a post (with pictures) may be in order to help me with the layout. 





Comments

  1. I can't even imagine how anxious you must be to find out the sex. So exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh its slowly killing me! Friday can't come soon enough!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to find out what you're having. Babies are so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super exciting! Is it Friday Yet????

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Be prepared for a facetime session once hubby knows!

      Delete
  4. Yay for a baby bump! :) Enjoy every moment and take advantage of being pampered. I wish I had more. Ha ha. kesslerkraziness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

Popular Posts