Bump Update #3



Bump Update



How far along:  16 weeks, 1 day 

Due Date:  August 18, 2013

Baby's nickname: Mudbug



Baby’s Size:  This week might have shocked me.  The two apps finally agreed!  Ah all is right with the world.  Some of you have noticed that the pic says a day behind the one I stated above.  That's simply because I write the post on Sunday and schedule it to post on Mondays.  Regardless what day I open the app it only changes weeks.   








Total weight gain:  Like normal I am up and down daily.  Sunday I was up 1/2 a pound.   


Stretch marks:  Um... this is a hard one for me to answer.  Growing up I was covered in stretch marks.  My doctors said my bones grew faster then my skin was able to keep up with.  This left me looking like I was literally busting out of my skin.  Over the years they have faded but the marks are still there.  I highly doubt that I will make it out of this pregnancy without any showing up.  That being said I seen the starting of some slowly creeping up.  To help prevent this I will make my shower warm for the last few minutes, get ready for bed and place a hot wash cloth on my stomach and hips for a couple of minutes to open up my pores.  Right when I take it off I apply Cocoa Butters' Belly Butter to anywhere and everywhere that might possibly stretch.  I am am sure that my bikini days will be long gone after Mudbug is here.


Maternity Clothes:  Despite picking up some nice things from Old Navy I haven't felt the need to actually wear any of them yet.  My jeans are to the point of almost being unbearably tight in the waist, everywhere else is just fine.  I put in an order for the belly extender in hopes of getting my non maternity to last me longer.  I may just need to do the rubber band trick until they get here.  Or maybe just stick to yoga pants.     



Sleep:  I have discovered that the more I seem to drink during the day the better I sleep at night.  Strangely enough this has also correlated into 2 less trips to the bathroom at night on average.  I'll take it.  I am however still waiting for my boppy sleeping pillow to arrive. 

Best Moment this week:  Hands down this was finally getting to hear the baby's heartbeat at our last appointment.  The doctor said it was a strong 151.  right on target. 

Worst Moment this week: Receiving some unwelcome advice from a stranger at the commissary.  She felt the need to tell me I was over dressed for such a hot day and that it would harm my baby by wearing what I was.  Folks I was in yoga pants, a tank top, a light long sleeve hoodie and flip flops.  Considering the day started out at 35 and was going to go up to 70 by mid afternoon, I was dressed just fine.  She on the other hand was wearing a tank top (with visible lower belly showing), booty shorts, and platforms.  Oh and she was 6 month pregnant.  I however was dressed inappropriately.    
    


Miss anything: Being able to drink plain water at home.  For some reason I can only drink plain water when I am at a restaurant.  At home I have been adding a splash of Gatorade to the water.  Hey I am drinking more then 6-7 bottles of water daily so I won't really complain about this too much.    

Food Cravings/Aversion:  I have been craving Italian food all week.  However it would appear that the baby disagrees with me one this one.  In small and I mean very small amounts I can keep some pasta down.  The Italian in my is dying for a big bowl of pasta or some stuffed shells.  Now all I have to do is convince my unborn baby that this is a good idea.  

Movement:  Again I am not sure about this one.    

Gender: Still eagerly waiting to find out!



Looking forward to:  Finding out the gender!  Will 18 weeks just get here already.    

This week’s Baby Task:   I was supposed to book an ultrasound to find out the baby's gender.  I didn't because I was trying to work it out so Hunter would be there too.  Turns out that that isn't going to be possible until I was around 30 weeks.  I am not waiting that long for a gender scan.  I will be booking this coming week a basic 2d gender ultrasound for me to go to at 18 weeks.  I am hoping that when I go to the ultrasound at 20 weeks they will be able to confirm/agree with what I have found out at 18 weeks.   I will still be doing a 3d/4d ultrasound when Hunter gets his 2 weeks of leave this summer.  

I also am hoping to pick up as package of cloth diapers this coming week.  Fingers crossed hubby is in agreement with it.


Comments

  1. He's not going to be there with you? :( Boo. I wish I was still there to drive you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. He's ok not going because it just won't work out with his crazy schedule. I would totally love your company to the appointment if you were here.

      Delete
  2. I would have slapped that person, so annoying!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?