What's in a name...

We spent all of 10 minutes trying to decide on a gender neutral nickname for the baby.  We didn't feel right calling the baby an "it" or "he/she."  We wanted something that would mean something to us.  Then we stumbled on it.


Mudbug




Those of you from Louisiana or even the deep south may know them better as crawfish or crawdads.  Yup those mini sort of lobster looking things that people trap and eat is what we are affectionately calling our unborn baby.

I am pretty sure once he or she is born that the name might stick around I'm sure.  I have even been tying to find a cute cartoon pic of a crawfish to hang up somewhere in our house.  I doubt it will ever be in the nursery.

image found from google search

Image found from google search





Comments

  1. Haha I love it. Mudbug is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Someone sent me an email telling me I would scar my child for life by calling them that while pregnant. Crazy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?

Popular Posts