Dreaming of an overseas post

I would love the opportunity to live overseas.  Europe mainly, but I am not opposed to Hawaii living.  Can you tell that I am sick to death of the southern posts?  Don't get me wrong I LOVE the south.  It feels like home to me.  Yes, the New Yorker just said the deep south feels like home.  Shocking I know.  As much as I am loving it here I am ready to see something else.  Go somewhere else.

Image from google search


I am the type of person that doesn't like to stay in one place too long.  That's why I love the military lifestyle. Moving every few years suits me.  It has given us the opportunity to live anywhere the Army sees fit.  So far that has only been Alabama and Louisiana.  I am praying that Hunter gets to go to the school he wants next and then hopefully we get to go to OCONUS (that basically is military lingo for outside the continental US).

For us the only choices would be Hawaii, Germany, and South Korea.  As much as I would love to live in Italy or Alaska it just won't work for Hunter.  I also wouldn't mind another obscure post somewhere OCONUS of course.  Kind of like the random post we got dropped in in Alabama.  While it's all possible it's left up to the Army to really decide where we live.  We can write down what we would prefer but at the end of the day they decide.  Not us.

For now I will wait out the year and a half we have left here and look forward to the new family addition.  All while dreaming of living overseas of course ;-)  A girl can dream right?

Comments

  1. As much as I have heard Hawaii is amazing I know a lot of people that feel landlocked after a while. We actually turned down Hawaii. I think Germany or Korea would be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I'm at Fort Polk and feel that way now! At least I could compensate for the hot humid weather with a beautiful beach. lol. I could easily see how someone would feel that way though. I also heard the shopping isn't that great there. Then again compared to Polk anything would be better. I mean the closest target is an hour and a half away! UGH so annoying, never ever come here.

      Delete
  2. Y'all should totally volunteer for Korea and be our neighbors!! How awesome would that be??? We initially wanted Europe or Hawaii too of course, but the Army is like, "No! Middle of nowhere! Go there! Now!" Bleh. Where in AL were y'all stationed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally would consider it but by the time we got over there you would be gone. We have about 2 years left here then hubby is hoping to get into a school for 1 year.

      Hubby was at an ACRC position. Active duty working with the National Guard. When he got the assignment he looked it up and it was a closed post. The "post" has a small shopette, a gas station, and barricks. thats it! The surrounding town though was pretty awesome even if I didn't think so at the time. SOOOOO much more around than what I have now at Polk.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?