With a new sewing machine, accessories, and lots of fabric I set out to learn to sew. I read the instructions for setting up the maching and got it all working with a little help from Hunter. A simple tutorial from the internet was all I needed. Fifteen minutes later I was cutting, ironing, pinning and then came the sewing.
My first batch of burp cloths came out horribly. The lines were shaky. They were anything but rectangular. Worst of all they looked like a 7 year olds sewing project gone wrong. I needed to work on the basics, sewing a straight line. A spool of thread and endless scraps later and I am a bit more confident in sewing a straight line. I decided to return to the second set of burp cloths.
I'll admit this whole sewing thing isn't as easy as I thought. I get the concept but my execution is a bit rough. My lines are straighter and the intended rectangular shape is present in 5 out of 8 burp cloths. I'll count this one as a success for now.