Are You Happy Now?



While relaxing on the couch watching Hunter play call of duty for the umpteenth day in a row, he begins stating "Are you happy now" over and over at his brother through the microphone on his headset.  What he said got me thinking.


Am I happy now? 


Of course I'm happy right now.  My belly is full of yummy tacos and 7 layer bean dip with a frozen margarita next to me.  I'm curled up on the couch looking at clothes and whatnot online while my man is playing video games next to me.  This is a perfect night to me. 

But am I truly Happy now?


Often I find myself saying when I lose 15 pounds or I finish this project then I'll be happy.  It is always, always after the next big small thing happens that I'm saying to myself "I'll be happy after I drop some weight" or even more recent "I'll be happy when I find a job." This makes me wonder.



Why does the next thing have to happen for me to be Happy?



Why can't I be happy right now.  There is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be.  The next thing doesn't have to come along for me to enjoy this moment.  At this moment I have a smile on my face.  Not because of  the 1/4 glass of Margarita sitting next to me but because of the fact they I have more in my life right now then I ever dreamed I would. 

I'm healthy.

For the first time in my life I have been eating right and exercising on a daily basis.  Man do those endorphins feel amazing.  My time running is feeling great.  I may have started at a 15.32 minute mile but I'm definitely not there now.   In 2 weeks of running I'm down to 10.41 minute mile.  For those of you who run, you will know I was greatly out of shape and way out of practice, but I'm getting there.



 Things are falling into place.

I may not be exactly where I want to be right now, whoever I can see where I want to be.  That goes a long way when you can see the end.  It gives you that drive and determination to keep going.  No matter what it is... the wedding, jobs, health all of it is falling into place.  It's amazing how things can seem so out of place and then all at once they snap right back together.


I urge everyone to take a strong look at their life and see that they can be happy right where they are.  Even if it is only the small things like being curled up on the couch next their significant other.  There is not reason to be unhappy.  These are moments lost.  Moments you might not be able to get back.  So enjoy today.  No matter what you're going through... 

"This too shall pass." 

I know this is starting to sound like a cheesy ABC special with all the be happy where you are stuff.  I know that it's easier said then done.  "this too shall pass" is something that my grandmother used to say to me.  Not only in the bad times but in the good as well.  Nothing lasts forever.  It made me rational when in bad times and try to cherish the good.  


So, Are you happy now?

Comments